Sunday, March 19, 2006

Already There........

Well.....time away is upon us. I can feel it. I don't know why and I cannot say for sure, but for some reason, I have been working harder, longer, and more intensely than I have in years. For some reason, there is a sense of urgency about work, people at work, things that need to get done at work, and important issues to deal with at work. There also seems to be a cloud of stress over it all as well. It hasn't always been like this. Seems it has been very much a country club atmosphere for a long time. I used to be so focused on fun things to do outside of work but now it seems work is all there is... and fun things to do outside of the job have seemed scarce.

This is perhaps why I am looking forward to some time off. It has been at least 9 hours a day, 6 days a week since Christmas day. Even now, it seems like time will be stolen from the job to try and have some fun. In any case.....fun is going to be had!

We are leaving Wednesday to head down to West Palm Beach to spend a few days with one of Peg's dear old friends Diane. She is very excited about having us which makes it even more exciting to be going! Saturday Peg and I will board a Celebrity Ship (Zenith) with 2 of the very best people we know (Bobbi and Arnold). Saturday night we head out for the Western Caribbean but it really doesn't matter because I will have stopped caring about anything... 3 days earlier.

When you think about it, that is what a vacation is.....a place far away from where you normally are (like work), where you don't seem to have a care in the world (like worrying about responsibilities). Just getting away seems so good for the soul. In that light, we could just as well be going to a hotel in a town far away or to Land O Lakes, or to visit Colorado Springs, or wherever. I guess you could say that a vacation is a state of mind (or an escape from a prevailing state of mind).

When I think of Tony out in Portland and what being there has done for him, I guess you could say that getting away from it all......might apply to more than just vacations. In any case, I am out of here in 3 days......but I will post daily if possible to share my experiences! Somehow, that is part of the fun too! If you are reading this, there is a damn good chance that I wish you were going away with us.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home