Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My London Fog has lifted......



Well today I feel like myself again. After a good night sleep, a healthy breakfast and a fresh shower, I was ready for some walking. I took lots of pictures and video. A couple blocks just outside my hotel is westminster abbey, the tower of big ben (shown here), and the london eye. One hour and twenty minutes after I took this photo, the chimes from big ben rang at noon. like washington dc, this place is a tourists dream. after leaving the london eye, i headed up mall drive through st. james park at to the buckingham palace. the park and all its' surrounding are very clean and well kept. it was a beaautiful day for video tape and my london story has quite a bit of footage thus far. most things are normal here but every once in a while you pick up little strange differences in language. there are no LINES here, if you have to wait in line for something, you get into a Queqe. Everything here has to do with a "bit of a". It is a bit of cool day, there is a bit of crowd over there, and there is a bit of a traffic jam everywhere. Everyone is very friendly. after leaving the palace i went down buckingham gate and found where I needed to be tomorrow for a 2PM meeting. On accident I found a barber shop and got my hair trimmed for 10 lbs. actually, it was 9.90 lbs and I got a 10 pay back. so far i have learned that a penny here is called a pence and a dime is a 10 pay. you have to think twice about money here. for a tip i gave the girl two coins that looked like quarter and i thought they were pounds. after looking closely, i found they were two pound pieces. so i got my hair cut for 9.9 pounds and the tip by mistake was 4 pounds. all i know for sure is that i have lost pounds ! anyway, i wil catch up with my work now.....and be sure i am ready for tomorrow. my next adventure is to take the underground to where i am meeting people tomorrow morning....i have a lot to learn about the tubes today.....more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home