Friday, August 26, 2011

Decisions....Decisions



On the way into LAX, I kept thinking about my sleep plan except....I couldn't decide. Then I realized that while in LA on the ground this would be my only chance (for hours on end) to relay my thoughts on my fantasy football selections to my wife (we have a pretty tough crowd in the league...if you delay your choice too long, everyone starts writing really nasty emails to you). After reviewing my final fantasy football selection options and sending them off to Peg via email, I heard the announcement, it is time to begin boarding.

They use two seperate entrances to board the 747-400 so my first confusion was which door to use? After deciding that any old door should at least get me on the plane (or as Richard Pryor always preferred....IN the plane), I was quickly faced with another decsion about where to go. Now when boarding a cruise ship one always is concerned with "which deck are we on? For the first time that I can remember though, I had to figure out "which deck" of the plane I was on! Turns out I was up one deck so I took the stairs up to my seat some two stories above the LAX tarmac and sort of gazed around wondering what all the control buttons around me do? For a moment I thought to myself "what the heck are all these buttons and switches for?", am I supposed to be flying this thing? I quickly learned that 8 of the illuminated lights simply repositioned my seat from head to toe. After finding the perfect spot for all eight controls, I texted each member of my immediate family and told them that "if my plane runs out of fuel somewhere over the Southern Cross, I just wanted them to know that I love them very much". More about fuel later (I almost jinxed us!). About the same time that my last text message was sent, we were rolling down the LAX runway (yeah I cheated a little).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home