Friday, June 09, 2006

Another Amazing Experience.....


I met with the client today and had a great chat with them over coffee, sweets, and tea. We discussed where we are and where we are headed. The associate director of the corporation could not be more pleased. He thanked me for travelling so far to meet him, to hear him, and to clearly understand his position and his plan. We ended the meeting with him saying.....Bill, if you hurry along....you will see the changing of the guard just down the road at the palace. I couldn't believe it. He wanted me to catch this event. As my title suggests....today was truely an amazing experience. We have all heard the expression "Changing of the Guard" but until you see the event, the expression has little meaning. I always have my camera with me now, so I took lots of footage and lots of pictures. Lots of patience got me a front row position at the gate! I was still with my newest best friend Michael Dugard from Cassapian....Duggy for short. Michael was excited that I got to see this but after a while said he needed to be a bit rude and leave.....after all, this happens every day! This day was a little special in that they are preparing for the Queens Birthday Sunday. Michael and I said so long and fare well. He was awesome to work with and the people we worked with together loved him too.

At the palace, there were bands playing, police everywhere, guards marching (with real automatic rifles), horses, and lots of people. It was a very festive event. The poor guards were dieing in the heat of the day. Anyway.....it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and everyone should attempt to see this in their life time. As I was standing in front of the palace, home of the Queen of England, ruler of all Great Britan, I thought to myself.....life has been very good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home