Sunday, June 11, 2006

Saying Goodbye To London....

I am up, I am packed, I have had breakfast, and I am ready to go. It is only 6AM at home. Somehow I felt like I had to write one more time before leaving the United Kingdom. This picture I took from a river boat ride down the River Themes, going under the Tower Bridge at the Tower of London. The cool thing about the city here is that you will see an ancient structure like this right next to the most modern of office buildings. The city has truely conserved the history of this place. While under the bridge, there was a 61 gun salute going on from the Tower shores. This was not a normal 61 gun salute as they were using 8mm cannons which were drove onto the shore with military vehicles! I just happened upon all this by accident. I didn't get to go inside the tower of london and see the dungeons, torture chambers, or the crown jewels, there were just too many people!

Well, the car is waiting for me downstairs to go to Heathro (3 hours early for this international flight mind you). I will arrive in Chicago at about 6:30PM central time, but it will be past midnight according to my body clock! I am hoping a cool glass of wine when I get home will help me adjust to the drastic change in time zones. Once again, I will be at work tomorrow morning, it just so happens that it will be in a place that is 6,400 air miles from here.

If you have enjoyed reading of my travels, then that makes me even happier that I took the time to document them. If you haven't enjoyed reading this documentary, then why are you reading this now? Well, I am heading for the Air India terminal.

Until I get to see you all again ....and share perhaps, some of the video tape I have of this trip.....I love you, God Bless You, and God Bless The Queen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home