Monday, May 05, 2008

Hawaii EPIC Begins


5-3-2008 09:37 AM Flying somewhere over North America

When planning an epic trip of distance proportions, you cannot help but think ofall the things which could go wrong. Maybe it's just all the miles I have put on that hasme always thinking pesimisticaly about travel days. What if I oversleep? what if the weatheris terrible? what if the flight is cancelled? what if I get a flat tire on the pot hole expressway that takes me to the airport? what if...? The waht if's are continuous.
As it turns out,there was no traffic, the weather was great, I pulled up to curbside checkin where a sky cap was standing and WAITING for us so he could grab all 4 of our 51 lb. suitcases and get them on theconveryor belt for San Diego. I parked the truck (right next to an elevator center where a spot wasopen to make it easy to find later). We quickly made it through security (after a TSA gal openned up the turnstyle section for Peg and I alone to drop out of a long line and right on through). After a Starbucks and an Egg McMuffin, we boarded our flight with more overhead room than we needed, some empty seats, and took off for sunny San Diego. Come on now.....one of our suitcases probably won't be there, I just know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home