Saturday, July 08, 2006

No Tea Party at Boston Harbor.....

I finsihed work around 5 Thursday and headed out to treat the client to dinner and cocktails. I never ventured through a huge construction zone just outside my hotel the previous night but I wish I did. On the other side of the construction (the last phase of revamping the city with tunnels and such) was the Boston Harbor waterfront (lined with hotels) We headed through the walkway of the Boston Harbor Hotel to find a beautiful waterfront walkway lined with bars and resaraunts. In the middle of this Hotels waterfront was a BARGE where a band was setting up. At first it seemed like this is probably just a small hotel band trio coming out to entertain the guests. As the band came out (we were sitting right in front of them) they were introduced and the moment they picked up the guitars, we immediately found out that this was no ordinary after work hotel band. Listening to Walter Trout and the Radicals (for the next 3 hours) had to be the most powerful delivery of the BLUES I have ever experienced. OK, I know I can add up the concerets I have been to on my fingers, but this was just one of the most amazingly talented groups I have ever witnessed. Their performance included many solos and it seemed each artist tried to out perform the previous one. Just look at this dude! It was just the best time....and all happened by accident, none of this was planned at all. I ended up buying one of his CD's (which I listened to and like....but it doesn't compare to the show) . These dudes travel and play everywhere so check out their home page and get out to see them if you can. It was an experience I will not soon forget and I instantly fell in love with the harbor front there in Boston. We saw lots of tourists....and it appears Boston does attract lots of visitors with all of its' history and such. Next time I get out there, I may have to save some time to get down to visit Martha's Vineyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home