Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Just Time....

OK, almost 6 months have past so it is certainly time to post something here. The chances of anyone seeing it may have diminished because I am certain people have stopped looking here for anything new. I think sometimes sitting down to write takes an inspiration of sorts, and I have just been waiting for that little bit of inspiration. It's fun to keep up with my children by reading their blogs (although it's a bit difficult keeping up with what Tony is saying)! The latest pictures of Madison are so cute!

It's hard to believe I haven't written anything in 6 months! As I look back over the 6 months, I can tell you that I most recently taken renewed interest in the finishing of my basement creation. Creating something in the form of construction is a very long laborious task when one takes it all on himself. It is almost a test of persistance. It also is messy and dirty and over the years, I have had to just get away from construction for a while and take a break here and there. The break is sort of a revitalization period whereby you develop new energies to start the next big thing. I am enjoying it these days and so the work continues, and one day we can all have a celebration in this new living space.

When not working on the basement, I find myself working and travelling, sometimes on a cruise, sometimes to new places. In the past 6 months I have visited Poughkeepsie NY, Portland OR, Lancaster PA, State College PA, Tampa FL, Miami FL, Boston MA, Baltimore MD, Danvers MA, Dallas TX, Ft. Worth TX, Los Angeles CA, and Cozumel Mexico (and that was mostly before Xmas). My February 2008 is just about allocated as I am off to Denver and LA next week, then return home before a mid-month trip to Tulsa OK, and I finally finish off the month in Portland OR (yes Tony....Dad is coming 2-27). I actually enjoy being in all the many places, I just don't really enjoy getting from place to place.

I am looking forward to the weekends this month because I get to visit with Jim and Jamie, babysit my granddaughter for the first time, go to a dinner theatre and dine with my wife (gift from Billy and Katie), and then end the month visiting with Tony at college out west. If I was actually making my bucket list, I probably could not have planned it out any better. Speaking of bucket list (I have started one), I am going to limit my list to the 25 rows on a lined sheet of paper. Somewhere on the list is going to be "Going to a Superbowl". Another line on the list is going to be "Staying at the little red cabin for 5 weeks straight". In my 5 weeks, I just want to fish, swim, golf, cook out, have friends come to visit, visit some old friends too, and then fish some more. All to often we go there for a week or less and the time is over before you know it. By going for 5 weeks, you feel being there, you feel the north woods and all it entails, and you feel the aura of a simpler life. When you sit by the fire late at night, you take time to remember the history of the place and what it has meant to so many. I have been to so many places and even had many places I have called home over the years, but the red cabin is the only place where I've internally anchored, so 5 weeks straight in LOL is definitley on the bucket list.

OK, 23 more lines to go. I have been thinking of them and from the looks in the mirror lately I had better start doing some of them so I may be scratching some off as they are getting added.
I think I will add one line with each new blog. The next 23 blogs will be the rest of my bucket list.......now there is an inspiration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home