Thursday, September 01, 2011

De-Cafenated.....



So after being here for several days, only today I find that the closest thing to normal American coffee with cream is not actually a "long black" at all, it is a "flat white". Yep, even the coffee machines around here have the word "flat white" on them. I was told early on that a long black is the way to go but after trying a flat white today, I am sticking to it. Neither of these choices is anything like Starbucks but "flat white" will do for the remainder of my journey. I did ask for half and half in one cafe' and they looked at me funny asking "half and half of what?". They honestly do not know what half and half is. They have "milk" and "skinny milk" and even some other forms of milk in between but don't even ask for cream (I did that once and they think cream means make your milk foamy by injecting steam into it). My god, I have never tried so hard to get a good god damn cup of coffee in my life.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home